Certain infectious and parasitic diseases
Intestinal infectious diseases
2018 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code A06.9
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code
- A06.9 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM A06.9 became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of A06.9 - other international versions of ICD-10 A06.9 may differ.
The following code(s) above A06.9
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to A06.9
- Amebiasis infection
- Amebic infection
ICD-10-CM A06.9 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v35.0):
- A parasitic infectious disorder caused by amoebas. The parasite may cause colitis which is manifested with bloody diarrheas, abdominal pain, nausea and fever. In rare cases it may spread to the liver, brain and lungs.
- Infection with any of various amebae. It is an asymptomatic carrier state in most individuals, but diseases ranging from chronic, mild diarrhea to fulminant dysentery may occur.
- Infection with any of various amebae; an asymptomatic carrier state in most individuals, but diseases ranging from chronic, mild diarrhea to fulminant dysentery may occur.
- 867 Other infectious and parasitic diseases diagnoses with mcc
- 868 Other infectious and parasitic diseases diagnoses with cc
- 869 Other infectious and parasitic diseases diagnoses without cc/mcc
Convert A06.9 to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To A06.9
Amebic nondysenteric colitis
Ameboma of intestine
Amebic liver abscess
Amebic lung abscess
Amebic brain abscess
Amebic infection of other sites
Other amebic genitourinary infections
Other amebic infections
Other protozoal intestinal diseases
Other specified protozoal intestinal diseases
Protozoal intestinal disease, unspecified
Viral and other specified intestinal infections
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.