Certain infectious and parasitic diseases
Other bacterial diseases
2018 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code A36.8
2016 2017 2018 Non-Billable/Non-Specific Code
- A36.8 should not be used for reimbursement purposes as there are multiple codes below it that contain a greater level of detail.
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM A36.8 became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of A36.8 - other international versions of ICD-10 A36.8 may differ.
The following code(s) above A36.8
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to A36.8
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To A36.8
Other forms of listeriosis
Diphtheritic tubulo-interstitial nephropathy
Other diphtheritic complications
Whooping cough due to Bordetella pertussis
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.