Certain infectious and parasitic diseases
Other bacterial diseases
Actinomycosis A42- >
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as A42. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- An infectious process caused by bacteria of the actinomyces species. It is characterized by the formation of purulent and painful abscesses in the mouth, lungs and gastrointestinal tract.
- Infections with bacteria of the genus actinomyces.
- A42 Actinomycosis
- A42.0 Pulmonary actinomycosis
- A42.1 Abdominal actinomycosis
- A42.2 Cervicofacial actinomycosis
- A42.7 Actinomycotic sepsis
- A42.8 Other forms of actinomycosis
- A42.81 Actinomycotic meningitis
- A42.82 Actinomycotic encephalitis
- A42.89 Other forms of actinomycosis
- A42.9 Actinomycosis, unspecified