Certain infectious and parasitic diseases
Infections with a predominantly sexual mode of transmission
Other sexually transmitted chlamydial diseases A56- >
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as A56. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
Type 2 Excludes
Type 2 Excludes Help
A type 2 excludes note represents "not included here". A type 2 excludes note indicates that the condition excluded is not part of the condition it is excluded from but a patient may have both conditions at the same time. When a type 2 excludes note appears under a code it is acceptable to use both the code (A56) and the excluded code together.
"Includes" further defines, or give examples of, the content of the code or category.
- sexually transmitted diseases due to Chlamydia
- A56 Other sexually transmitted chlamydial diseases
- A56.0 Chlamydial infection of lower genitourinary tract
- A56.00 …… unspecified
- A56.01 Chlamydial cystitis and urethritis
- A56.02 Chlamydial vulvovaginitis
- A56.09 Other chlamydial infection of lower genitourinary tract
- A56.1 Chlamydial infection of pelviperitoneum and other genitourinary organs
- A56.11 Chlamydial female pelvic inflammatory disease
- A56.19 Other chlamydial genitourinary infection
- A56.2 Chlamydial infection of genitourinary tract, unspecified
- A56.3 Chlamydial infection of anus and rectum
- A56.4 Chlamydial infection of pharynx
- A56.8 Sexually transmitted chlamydial infection of other sites