Certain infectious and parasitic diseases
Arthropod-borne viral fevers and viral hemorrhagic fevers
2018 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code A95
2016 2017 2018 Non-Billable/Non-Specific Code
- A95 should not be used for reimbursement purposes as there are multiple codes below it that contain a greater level of detail.
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM A95 became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of A95 - other international versions of ICD-10 A95 may differ.
The following code(s) above A95
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to A95
- A disease caused by infection with the yellow fever virus, which is carried by mosquitos. Symptoms include body aches, chills, fever, severe headache, weakness, and a yellow skin color. Bleeding, vomiting, and failure of the liver and other organs may occur in late stages of the disease.
- A tropical disease transmitted by mosquito bites
- A viral infection caused by a flavivirus called yellow fever virus. It is transmitted to humans from infected mosquitoes. The signs and symptoms range from a mild febrile illness to liver damage with jaundice and hemorrhages.
- Acute infectious disease primarily of the tropics, caused by a flavivirus and transmitted to humans by mosquito vectors.
- An acute infectious disease primarily of the tropics, caused by a virus and transmitted to man by mosquitoes of the genera aedes and haemagogus.
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To A95
Other specified mosquito-borne viral fevers
Mosquito-borne viral fever, unspecified
Other arthropod-borne viral fevers, not elsewhere classified
Oropouche virus disease
Colorado tick fever
Other specified arthropod-borne viral fevers
Unspecified arthropod-borne viral fever
Sylvatic yellow fever
Yellow fever, unspecified
Arenaviral hemorrhagic fever
Junin hemorrhagic fever
Machupo hemorrhagic fever
Other arenaviral hemorrhagic fevers
Arenaviral hemorrhagic fever, unspecified
Other viral hemorrhagic fevers, not elsewhere classified
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.