Certain infectious and parasitic diseases
2018 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code B47
2016 2017 2018 Non-Billable/Non-Specific Code
- B47 should not be used for reimbursement purposes as there are multiple codes below it that contain a greater level of detail.
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM B47 became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of B47 - other international versions of ICD-10 B47 may differ.
The following code(s) above B47
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to B47
- A chronic granulomatous inflammation involving the deep dermis and the subcutaneous tissues. It is caused by fungi and actinomycetes.
- A chronic progressive subcutaneous infection caused by species of fungi (eumycetoma), or actinomycetes (actinomycetoma). It is characterized by tumefaction, abscesses, and tumor-like granules representing microcolonies of pathogens, such as madurella fungi and bacteria actinomycetes, with different grain colors.
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To B47
Other mycoses, not elsewhere classified
Other specified mycoses
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.