Certain infectious and parasitic diseases
Plasmodium falciparum malaria B50- >
"Includes" further defines, or give examples of, the content of the code or category.
- mixed infections of Plasmodium falciparum with any other Plasmodium species
- Malaria caused by plasmodium falciparum. This is the severest form of malaria and is associated with the highest levels of parasites in the blood. This disease is characterized by irregularly recurring febrile paroxysms that in extreme cases occur with acute cerebral, renal, or gastrointestinal manifestations.
- B50 Plasmodium falciparum malaria
- B50.0 Plasmodium falciparum malaria with cerebral complications
- B50.8 Other severe and complicated Plasmodium falciparum malaria
- B50.9 Plasmodium falciparum malaria, unspecified