Certain infectious and parasitic diseases
Toxoplasmosis B58- >
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as B58. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
"Includes" further defines, or give examples of, the content of the code or category.
- infection due to Toxoplasma gondii
- A parasitic disease contracted by the ingestion or fetal transmission of toxoplasma gondii.
- Acquired form of infection by toxoplasma gondii in animals and man.
- An infection by a parasite called toxoplasma gondii
- The acquired form of infection by toxoplasma gondii in animals and man.
- Toxoplasmosis is a disease caused by the parasite toxoplasma gondii. More than 60 million people in the United States Have the parasite. Most of them don't get sick. But the parasite causes serious problems for some people. These include people with weak immune systems and babies whose mothers become infected for the first time during pregnancy. Problems can include damage to the brain, eyes and other organs. You can get toxoplasmosis from
most people with toxoplasmosis don't need treatment. There are drugs to treat it for pregnant women and people with weak immune systems. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- waste from an infected cat
- eating contaminated meat that is raw or not well cooked
- using utensils or cutting boards after they've had contact with raw meat
- drinking infected water
- receiving an infected organ transplant or blood transfusion
- B58 Toxoplasmosis
- B58.0 Toxoplasma oculopathy
- B58.00 …… unspecified
- B58.01 Toxoplasma chorioretinitis
- B58.09 Other toxoplasma oculopathy
- B58.1 Toxoplasma hepatitis
- B58.2 Toxoplasma meningoencephalitis
- B58.3 Pulmonary toxoplasmosis
- B58.8 Toxoplasmosis with other organ involvement
- B58.81 Toxoplasma myocarditis
- B58.82 Toxoplasma myositis
- B58.83 Toxoplasma tubulo-interstitial nephropathy
- B58.89 Toxoplasmosis with other organ involvement
- B58.9 Toxoplasmosis, unspecified