Diseases of the blood and blood-forming organs and certain disorders involving the immune mechanism
Aplastic and other anemias and other bone marrow failure syndromes
Acquired pure red cell aplasia [erythroblastopenia] D60- >
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as D60. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
"Includes" further defines, or give examples of, the content of the code or category.
- red cell aplasia (acquired) (adult) (with thymoma)
- A disease characterized by normocytic, normochromic anemia, low hematocrit, reticulocytopenia and selective erythroid hypoplasia. It can occur as a chronic or acute form; the former is predominantly seen in adults and the latter in children. Pathogenesis involves immune dysfunction with antibodies directed against erythroid precursor cells or erythropoietin, or due to t-cell mediated suppression of erythropoiesis.
- A rare disorder in which the bone marrow makes almost no red blood cells. It may be caused by infection or by certain drugs. Patients with this disorder may also have a thymoma (a tumor of the thymus) or an autoimmune condition such as lupus erythematosus or rheumatoid arthritis.
- D60 Acquired pure red cell aplasia [erythroblastopenia]
- D60.0 Chronic acquired pure red cell aplasia
- D60.1 Transient acquired pure red cell aplasia
- D60.8 Other acquired pure red cell aplasias
- D60.9 Acquired pure red cell aplasia, unspecified