Diseases of the blood and blood-forming organs and certain disorders involving the immune mechanism
Certain disorders involving the immune mechanism
2018 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code D84.9
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code
- D84.9 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM D84.9 became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of D84.9 - other international versions of ICD-10 D84.9 may differ.
The following code(s) above D84.9
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to D84.9
- Congenital immunodeficiency disease
- Immunodeficiency disorder
- Immunodeficiency, acquired
- Secondary immune deficiency disorder
ICD-10-CM D84.9 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v35.0):
- A deficiency of immune response or a disorder characterized by deficient immune response.
- A disorder in which the immune system is unable to mount an adequate immune response.
- Deficiency of immune response or a disorder characterized by deficient immune response; classified as antibody (b cell), cellular (t cell), or combined immunodeficiency, or phagocytic dysfunction disorders.
- Syndromes in which there is a deficiency or defect in the mechanisms of immunity, either cellular or humoral.
- The decreased ability of the body to fight infection and disease.
- The inability of the body to produce an immune response.
- 814 Reticuloendothelial and immunity disorders with mcc
- 815 Reticuloendothelial and immunity disorders with cc
- 816 Reticuloendothelial and immunity disorders without cc/mcc
Convert D84.9 to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To D84.9
Common variable immunodeficiency
Common variable immunodeficiency with predominant abnormalities of B-cell numbers and function
Common variable immunodeficiency with predominant immunoregulatory T-cell disorders
Common variable immunodeficiency with autoantibodies to B- or T-cells
Other common variable immunodeficiencies
Common variable immunodeficiency, unspecified
Lymphocyte function antigen-1 [LFA-1] defect
Defects in the complement system
Other specified immunodeficiencies
Sarcoidosis of lung
Sarcoidosis of lymph nodes
Sarcoidosis of lung with sarcoidosis of lymph nodes
Sarcoidosis of skin
Sarcoidosis of other sites
Multiple cranial nerve palsies in sarcoidosis
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.