Endocrine, nutritional and metabolic diseases
Diabetes mellitus due to underlying condition
2017/18 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code E08.3591
Diabetes mellitus due to underlying condition with proliferative diabetic retinopathy without macular edema, right eye
2017 - New Code 2018 Billable/Specific Code Manifestation Code
- E08.3591 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Diab with prolif diabetic rtnop without macular edema, r eye
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM E08.3591 became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of E08.3591 - other international versions of ICD-10 E08.3591 may differ.
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- E08.3591 describes the manifestation of an underlying disease, not the disease itself.
ICD-10-CM E08.3591 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v35.0):
The following code(s) above E08.3591
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to E08.3591
- 008 Simultaneous pancreas and kidney transplant
- 010 Pancreas transplant
- 124 Other disorders of the eye with mcc
- 125 Other disorders of the eye without mcc
Convert E08.3591 to ICD-9-CM
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): New code
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To E08.3591
Diabetes mellitus due to underlying condition with stable proliferative diabetic retinopathy
Diabetes mellitus due to underlying condition with proliferative diabetic retinopathy without macular edema
…… right eye
Diabetes mellitus due to underlying condition with diabetic cataract
Diabetes mellitus due to underlying condition with diabetic macular edema, resolved following treatment
Diabetes mellitus due to underlying condition with other diabetic ophthalmic complication
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.