Endocrine, nutritional and metabolic diseases
Disorders of other endocrine glands
2017/18 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code E26
2016 2017 2018 Non-Billable/Non-Specific Code
- E26 should not be used for reimbursement purposes as there are multiple codes below it that contain a greater level of detail.
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM E26 became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of E26 - other international versions of ICD-10 E26 may differ.
The following code(s) above E26
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to E26
- A condition caused by the overproduction of aldosterone. It is characterized by sodium retention and potassium excretion with resultant hypertension and hypokalemia.
- Abnormality of electrolyte function caused by excessive secretion of aldosterone by the adrenal cortex.
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To E26
Drug-induced Cushing's syndrome
Ectopic ACTH syndrome
Alcohol-induced pseudo-Cushing's syndrome
Other Cushing's syndrome
Cushing's syndrome, unspecified
Congenital adrenogenital disorders associated with enzyme deficiency
Other adrenogenital disorders
Adrenogenital disorder, unspecified
Other primary hyperaldosteronism
Other disorders of adrenal gland
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.