Endocrine, nutritional and metabolic diseases
Disorders of other endocrine glands
2017/18 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code E26.0
2016 2017 2018 Non-Billable/Non-Specific Code
- E26.0 should not be used for reimbursement purposes as there are multiple codes below it that contain a greater level of detail.
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM E26.0 became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of E26.0 - other international versions of ICD-10 E26.0 may differ.
The following code(s) above E26.0
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to E26.0
- An endocrine disorder characterized by excessive production of aldosterone by the adrenal glands. Causes include adrenal gland adenoma and adrenal gland hyperplasia. The overproduction of aldosterone results in sodium and water retention and hypokalemia. Patients present with high blood pressure, muscle weakness, and headache.
- Overproduction of aldosterone by an adrenal cortical adenoma, characterized typically by low potassium levels, underacidity of the body, muscular weakness, excess urination, excess thirst, and high blood pressure.
- Primary hyperaldosteronism caused by the excess production of aldosterone by an adenoma of the zona glomerulosa or conn adenoma.
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To E26.0
Drug-induced Cushing's syndrome
Ectopic ACTH syndrome
Alcohol-induced pseudo-Cushing's syndrome
Other Cushing's syndrome
Cushing's syndrome, unspecified
Congenital adrenogenital disorders associated with enzyme deficiency
Other adrenogenital disorders
Adrenogenital disorder, unspecified
Other primary hyperaldosteronism
Other disorders of adrenal gland
Other adrenocortical overactivity
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.