Endocrine, nutritional and metabolic diseases
Disorders of other endocrine glands
2017/18 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code E26.9
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code
- E26.9 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM E26.9 became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of E26.9 - other international versions of ICD-10 E26.9 may differ.
- Aldosteronism NOS
- Hyperaldosteronism NOS
The following code(s) above E26.9
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to E26.9
- Aldosteronism and nodular hyperplasia, adrenal cortex
- Hyperaldosteronism with nodular hyperplasia of adrenal cortex
ICD-10-CM E26.9 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v35.0):
- A condition caused by the overproduction of aldosterone. It is characterized by sodium retention and potassium excretion with resultant hypertension and hypokalemia.
- Abnormality of electrolyte function caused by excessive secretion of aldosterone by the adrenal cortex.
- 643 Endocrine disorders with mcc
- 644 Endocrine disorders with cc
- 645 Endocrine disorders without cc/mcc
Convert E26.9 to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To E26.9
Adrenogenital disorder, unspecified
Other primary hyperaldosteronism
Other disorders of adrenal gland
Other adrenocortical overactivity
Primary adrenocortical insufficiency
Drug-induced adrenocortical insufficiency
Other and unspecified adrenocortical insufficiency
Unspecified adrenocortical insufficiency
Other adrenocortical insufficiency
Other specified disorders of adrenal gland
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.