Mental, Behavioral and Neurodevelopmental disorders F01-F99 >
Type 2 Excludes
Type 2 Excludes Help
A type 2 excludes note represents "not included here". A type 2 excludes note indicates that the condition excluded is not part of the condition it is excluded from but a patient may have both conditions at the same time. When a type 2 excludes note appears under a code it is acceptable to use both the code (F01-F99) and the excluded code together.
- symptoms, signs and abnormal clinical laboratory findings, not elsewhere classified (R00-R99
ICD-10-CM Range R00-R99
Symptoms, signs and abnormal clinical and laboratory findings, not elsewhere classified
- R00-R09 Symptoms and signs involving the circula...
- R10-R19 Symptoms and signs involving the digesti...
- R20-R23 Symptoms and signs involving the skin an...
- R25-R29 Symptoms and signs involving the nervous...
- R30-R39 Symptoms and signs involving the genitou...
- R40-R46 Symptoms and signs involving cognition, ...
- R47-R49 Symptoms and signs involving speech and ...
- R50-R69 General symptoms and signs
- R70-R79 Abnormal findings on examination of bloo...
- R80-R82 Abnormal findings on examination of urin...
- R83-R89 Abnormal findings on examination of othe...
- R90-R94 Abnormal findings on diagnostic imaging ...
- R97-R97 Abnormal tumor markers
- R99-R99 Ill-defined and unknown cause of mortali...
"Includes" further defines, or give examples of, the content of the code or category.
- disorders of psychological development
- F01-F09 Mental disorders due to known physiological conditions
- F10-F19 Mental and behavioral disorders due to psychoactive substance use
- F20-F29 Schizophrenia, schizotypal, delusional, and other non-mood psychotic disorders
- F30-F39 Mood [affective] disorders
- F40-F48 Anxiety, dissociative, stress-related, somatoform and other nonpsychotic mental disorders
- F50-F59 Behavioral syndromes associated with physiological disturbances and physical factors
- F60-F69 Disorders of adult personality and behavior
- F70-F79 Intellectual disabilities
- F80-F89 Pervasive and specific developmental disorders
- F90-F98 Behavioral and emotional disorders with onset usually occurring in childhood and adolescence
- F99-F99 Unspecified mental disorder
ICD-10-CM Range F01-F09
Mental disorders due to known physiological conditions
- This block comprises a range of mental disorders grouped together on the basis of their having in common a demonstrable etiology in cerebral disease, brain injury, or other insult leading to cerebral dysfunction. The dysfunction may be primary, as in diseases, injuries, and insults that affect the brain directly and selectively; or secondary, as in systemic diseases and disorders that attack the brain only as one of the multiple organs or systems of the body that are involved.
- F01 Vascular dementia
- F02 Dementia in other diseases classified el...
- F03 Unspecified dementia
- F04 Amnestic disorder due to known physiolog...
- F05 Delirium due to known physiological cond...
- F06 Other mental disorders due to known phys...
- F07 Personality and behavioral disorders due...
- F09 Unspecified mental disorder due to known...
ICD-10-CM Range F10-F19
Mental and behavioral disorders due to psychoactive substance use
- F10 Alcohol related disorders
- F11 Opioid related disorders
- F12 Cannabis related disorders
- F13 Sedative, hypnotic, or anxiolytic relate...
- F14 Cocaine related disorders
- F15 Other stimulant related disorders
- F16 Hallucinogen related disorders
- F17 Nicotine dependence
- F18 Inhalant related disorders
- F19 Other psychoactive substance related dis...
ICD-10-CM Range F20-F29
Schizophrenia, schizotypal, delusional, and other non-mood psychotic disorders
- F20 Schizophrenia
- F21 Schizotypal disorder
- F22 Delusional disorders
- F23 Brief psychotic disorder
- F24 Shared psychotic disorder
- F25 Schizoaffective disorders
- F28 Other psychotic disorder not due to a su...
- F29 Unspecified psychosis not due to a subst...
ICD-10-CM Range F30-F39
Mood [affective] disorders
- F30 Manic episode
- F31 Bipolar disorder
- F32 Major depressive disorder, single episod...
- F33 Major depressive disorder, recurrent
- F34 Persistent mood [affective] disorders
- F39 Unspecified mood [affective] disorder
ICD-10-CM Range F40-F48
Anxiety, dissociative, stress-related, somatoform and other nonpsychotic mental disorders
- F40 Phobic anxiety disorders
- F41 Other anxiety disorders
- F42 Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- F43 Reaction to severe stress, and adjustmen...
- F44 Dissociative and conversion disorders
- F45 Somatoform disorders
- F48 Other nonpsychotic mental disorders
ICD-10-CM Range F50-F59
Behavioral syndromes associated with physiological disturbances and physical factors
- F50 Eating disorders
- F51 Sleep disorders not due to a substance o...
- F52 Sexual dysfunction not due to a substanc...
- F53 Puerperal psychosis
- F54 Psychological and behavioral factors ass...
- F55 Abuse of non-psychoactive substances
- F59 Unspecified behavioral syndromes associa...
ICD-10-CM Range F60-F69
Disorders of adult personality and behavior
- F60 Specific personality disorders
- F63 Impulse disorders
- F64 Gender identity disorders
- F65 Paraphilias
- F66 Other sexual disorders
- F68 Other disorders of adult personality and...
- F69 Unspecified disorder of adult personalit...
ICD-10-CM Range F70-F79
- any associated physical or developmental disorders
Type 1 Excludes
- borderline intellectual functioning, IQ above 70 to 84 (R41.83)
- F70 Mild intellectual disabilities
- F71 Moderate intellectual disabilities
- F72 Severe intellectual disabilities
- F73 Profound intellectual disabilities
- F78 Other intellectual disabilities
- F79 Unspecified intellectual disabilities
ICD-10-CM Range F80-F89
Pervasive and specific developmental disorders
- F80 Specific developmental disorders of spee...
- F81 Specific developmental disorders of scho...
- F82 Specific developmental disorder of motor...
- F84 Pervasive developmental disorders
- F88 Other disorders of psychological develop...
- F89 Unspecified disorder of psychological de...
ICD-10-CM Range F90-F98
Behavioral and emotional disorders with onset usually occurring in childhood and adolescence
- Codes within categories F90-F98 may be used regardless of the age of a patient. These disorders generally have onset within the childhood or adolescent years, but may continue throughout life or not be diagnosed until adulthood
- F90 Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder...
- F91 Conduct disorders
- F93 Emotional disorders with onset specific ...
- F94 Disorders of social functioning with ons...
- F95 Tic disorder
- F98 Other behavioral and emotional disorders...
ICD-10-CM Range F99-F99
Unspecified mental disorder
- F99 Mental disorder, not otherwise specified
ICD-10-CM Range E00-E89
Endocrine, nutritional and metabolic diseases
- E00-E07 Disorders of thyroid gland
- E08-E13 Diabetes mellitus
- E15-E16 Other disorders of glucose regulation an...
- E20-E35 Disorders of other endocrine glands
- E36-E36 Intraoperative complications of endocrin...
- E40-E46 Malnutrition
- E50-E64 Other nutritional deficiencies
- E65-E68 Overweight, obesity and other hyperalime...
- E70-E88 Metabolic disorders
- E89-E89 Postprocedural endocrine and metabolic c...
ICD-10-CM Range G00-G99
Diseases of the nervous system
- G00-G09 Inflammatory diseases of the central ner...
- G10-G14 Systemic atrophies primarily affecting t...
- G20-G26 Extrapyramidal and movement disorders
- G30-G32 Other degenerative diseases of the nervo...
- G35-G37 Demyelinating diseases of the central ne...
- G40-G47 Episodic and paroxysmal disorders
- G50-G59 Nerve, nerve root and plexus disorders
- G60-G65 Polyneuropathies and other disorders of ...
- G70-G73 Diseases of myoneural junction and muscl...
- G80-G83 Cerebral palsy and other paralytic syndr...
- G89-G99 Other disorders of the nervous system