Mental, Behavioral and Neurodevelopmental disorders
Disorders of adult personality and behavior
2017/18 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code F65.5
2016 2017 2018 Non-Billable/Non-Specific Code
- F65.5 should not be used for reimbursement purposes as there are multiple codes below it that contain a greater level of detail.
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM F65.5 became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of F65.5 - other international versions of ICD-10 F65.5 may differ.
The following code(s) above F65.5
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to F65.5
- Derivation of pleasure from infliction of physical or mental pain on others and oneself, with presence of high degree of destructiveness.
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To F65.5
Dual role transvestism
Gender identity disorder of childhood
Other gender identity disorders
Gender identity disorder, unspecified
Other sexual disorders
Other disorders of adult personality and behavior
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.