Diseases of the nervous system
Inflammatory diseases of the central nervous system
Bacterial meningitis, not elsewhere classified G00- >
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as G00. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
"Includes" further defines, or give examples of, the content of the code or category.
- bacterial arachnoiditis
- bacterial leptomeningitis
- bacterial meningitis
- bacterial pachymeningitis
- Bacterial infections of the leptomeninges and subarachnoid space, frequently involving the cerebral cortex, cranial nerves, cerebral blood vessels, spinal cord and nerve roots; causative organism varies with age and clinical status (eg, postoperative, immunodeficient, posttraumatic states); clinical manifestations include the acute onset of fever, stiff neck, altered mentation, seizures, and focal neurologic deficits; death may occur within 24 hours of disease onset; pathologic features include a purulent exudate in the subarachnoid space, and diffuse inflammation of neural and vascular structures.
- Bacterial infections of the leptomeninges and subarachnoid space, frequently involving the cerebral cortex, cranial nerves, cerebral blood vessels, spinal cord, and nerve roots.
- G00 Bacterial meningitis, not elsewhere classified
- G00.0 Hemophilus meningitis
- G00.1 Pneumococcal meningitis
- G00.2 Streptococcal meningitis
- G00.3 Staphylococcal meningitis
- G00.8 Other bacterial meningitis
- G00.9 Bacterial meningitis, unspecified