Diseases of the nervous system
Episodic and paroxysmal disorders
Vascular syndromes of brain in cerebrovascular diseases G46- >
Code First Help
Certain conditions have both an underlying etiology and multiple body system manifestations due to the underlying etiology. For such conditions, ICD-10-CM has a coding convention that requires the underlying condition be sequenced first followed by the manifestation. Wherever such a combination exists there is a "use additional code" note at the etiology code, and a "code first" note at the manifestation code. These instructional notes indicate the proper sequencing order of the codes, etiology followed by manifestation. In most cases the manifestation codes will have in the code title, "in diseases classified elsewhere." Codes with this title are a component of the etiology/manifestation convention. The code title indicates that it is a manifestation code. "In diseases classified elsewhere" codes are never permitted to be used as first listed or principle diagnosis codes. They must be used in conjunction with an underlying condition code and they must be listed following the underlying condition.
- underlying cerebrovascular disease (I60-I69
ICD-10-CM Range I60-I69
Type 1 Excludes
- traumatic intracranial hemorrhage (S06.-)
- code to identify presence of:
- alcohol abuse and dependence (F10.-)
- exposure to environmental tobacco smoke (Z77.22)
- history of tobacco dependence (Z87.891)
- hypertension (I10-I15)
- occupational exposure to environmental tobacco smoke (Z57.31)
- tobacco dependence (F17.-)
- tobacco use (Z72.0)
- I60 Nontraumatic subarachnoid hemorrhage
- I61 Nontraumatic intracerebral hemorrhage
- I62 Other and unspecified nontraumatic intra...
- I63 Cerebral infarction
- I65 Occlusion and stenosis of precerebral ar...
- I66 Occlusion and stenosis of cerebral arter...
- I67 Other cerebrovascular diseases
- I68 Cerebrovascular disorders in diseases cl...
- I69 Sequelae of cerebrovascular disease
- G46 Vascular syndromes of brain in cerebrovascular diseases
- G46.0 Middle cerebral artery syndrome
- G46.1 Anterior cerebral artery syndrome
- G46.2 Posterior cerebral artery syndrome
- G46.3 Brain stem stroke syndrome
- G46.4 Cerebellar stroke syndrome
- G46.5 Pure motor lacunar syndrome
- G46.6 Pure sensory lacunar syndrome
- G46.7 Other lacunar syndromes
- G46.8 Other vascular syndromes of brain in cerebrovascular diseases