Diseases of the nervous system
Episodic and paroxysmal disorders
2018 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code G47.419
Narcolepsy without cataplexy
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code
- G47.419 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM G47.419 became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of G47.419 - other international versions of ICD-10 G47.419 may differ.
The following code(s) above G47.419
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to G47.419
ICD-10-CM G47.419 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v35.0):
- A condition characterized by recurrent episodes of daytime somnolence and lapses in consciousness (microsomnias) that may be associated with automatic behaviors and amnesia. Cataplexy; sleep paralysis, and hypnagogic hallucinations frequently accompany narcolepsy. The pathophysiology of this disorder includes sleep-onset rapid eye movement (rem) sleep, which normally follows stage iii or iv sleep. (from neurology 1998 feb;50(2 suppl 1):s2-s7)
- A sleep disorder characterized by a tendency for excessive sleepiness during the day which occurs even after adequate sleep in the nighttime. The persons who suffer from this condition experience fatigue and may fall asleep at inappropriate times during the day.
- Recurrent, uncontrollable brief episodes of sleep and lapses in consciousness, often associated with hypnagogic hallucinations, cataplexy, automatic behaviors and sleep paralysis.
- 091 Other disorders of nervous system with mcc
- 092 Other disorders of nervous system with cc
- 093 Other disorders of nervous system without cc/mcc
Convert G47.419 to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To G47.419
High altitude periodic breathing
Obstructive sleep apnea (adult) (pediatric)
Idiopathic sleep related nonobstructive alveolar hypoventilation
Congenital central alveolar hypoventilation syndrome
Sleep related hypoventilation in conditions classified elsewhere
Central sleep apnea in conditions classified elsewhere
Narcolepsy and cataplexy
…… without cataplexy
Narcolepsy in conditions classified elsewhere
REM sleep behavior disorder
Recurrent isolated sleep paralysis
…… in conditions classified elsewhere
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.