Diseases of the nervous system
Nerve, nerve root and plexus disorders
Disorders of trigeminal nerve G50- >
"Includes" further defines, or give examples of, the content of the code or category.
- disorders of 5th cranial nerve
- A disorder characterized by involvement of the trigeminal nerve (fifth cranial nerve).
- A non-neoplastic or neoplastic disorder affecting the trigeminal nerve (fifth cranial nerve).
- Diseases of the trigeminal nerve or its nuclei, which are located in the pons and medulla. The nerve is composed of three divisions: ophthalmic, maxillary, and mandibular, which provide sensory innervation to structures of the face, sinuses, and portions of the cranial vault. The mandibular nerve also innervates muscles of mastication. Clinical features include loss of facial and intra-oral sensation and weakness of jaw closure. Common conditions affecting the nerve include brain stem ischemia, infratentorial neoplasms, and trigeminal neuralgia.
- G50 Disorders of trigeminal nerve
- G50.0 Trigeminal neuralgia
- G50.1 Atypical facial pain
- G50.8 Other disorders of trigeminal nerve
- G50.9 Disorder of trigeminal nerve, unspecified