Diseases of the eye and adnexa
Disorders of conjunctiva
2018 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code H10.9
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code
- H10.9 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM H10.9 became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of H10.9 - other international versions of ICD-10 H10.9 may differ.
The following code(s) above H10.9
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to H10.9
- Bilat conjunctivitis
- Bilateral conjunctivitis
- Burn of pharynx
- Left conjunctivitis
- Right conjunctivitis
ICD-10-CM H10.9 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v35.0):
- A condition in which the conjunctiva (membranes lining the eyelids and covering the white part of the eye) become inflamed or infected.
- A disorder characterized by inflammation, swelling and redness to the conjunctiva of the eye.
- Inflammation of the conjunctiva of the eye.
- Inflammation of the mucous membrane that lines the inner surface of the eyelids and the anterior part of the sclera; also called pinkeye and redeye.
- 124 Other disorders of the eye with mcc
- 125 Other disorders of the eye without mcc
Convert H10.9 to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To H10.9
Other disorders of conjunctiva
Unspecified pterygium of eye
Unspecified pterygium of right eye
Unspecified pterygium of left eye
Unspecified pterygium of unspecified eye
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.