Diseases of the eye and adnexa
Disorders of lens
2018 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code H26.003
Unspecified infantile and juvenile cataract, bilateral
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code Pediatric Dx (0-17 years)
- H26.003 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM H26.003 became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of H26.003 - other international versions of ICD-10 H26.003 may differ.
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- H26.003 is applicable to pediatric patients aged 0 - 17 years inclusive.
The following code(s) above H26.003
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to H26.003
ICD-10-CM H26.003 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v35.0):
- Bilateral presenile cataract
- Infantile and juvenile cataract of bilateral eyes
- Infantile and juvenile cataract, both eyes
- Presenile cataract of bilateral eyes
- 124 Other disorders of the eye with mcc
- 125 Other disorders of the eye without mcc
Convert H26.003 to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To H26.003
Other age-related cataract
Unspecified age-related cataract
Infantile and juvenile cataract
Unspecified infantile and juvenile cataract
Infantile and juvenile cortical, lamellar, or zonular cataract
Infantile and juvenile nuclear cataract
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.