Diseases of the eye and adnexa
Disorders of lens
2017/18 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code H26.053
Posterior subcapsular polar infantile and juvenile cataract, bilateral
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code Pediatric Dx (0-17 years)
- H26.053 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Post subcapsular polar infantile and juvenile cataract, bi
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM H26.053 became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of H26.053 - other international versions of ICD-10 H26.053 may differ.
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- H26.053 is applicable to pediatric patients aged 0 - 17 years inclusive.
ICD-10-CM H26.053 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v35.0):
The following code(s) above H26.053
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to H26.053
- 124 Other disorders of the eye with mcc
- 125 Other disorders of the eye without mcc
Convert H26.053 to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To H26.053
Anterior subcapsular polar infantile and juvenile cataract
Posterior subcapsular polar infantile and juvenile cataract
Combined forms of infantile and juvenile cataract
Other infantile and juvenile cataract
Unspecified traumatic cataract
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.