Diseases of the eye and adnexa
Disorders of choroid and retina
2018 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code H30
2016 2017 2018 Non-Billable/Non-Specific Code
- H30 should not be used for reimbursement purposes as there are multiple codes below it that contain a greater level of detail.
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM H30 became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of H30 - other international versions of ICD-10 H30 may differ.
The following code(s) above H30
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to H30
- Inflammation of the choroid in which the sensory retina becomes edematous and opaque. The inflammatory cells and exudate may burst through the sensory retina to cloud the vitreous body.
- Inflammation of the choroid in which the sensory retina becomes edematous and opaque; inflammatory cells and exudate may burst through the sensory retina to cloud the vitreous body.
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To H30
Posterior dislocation of lens
Other specified disorders of lens
Unspecified disorder of lens
Cataract in diseases classified elsewhere
Focal chorioretinal inflammation
Unspecified focal chorioretinal inflammation
Focal chorioretinal inflammation, juxtapapillary
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.