Diseases of the eye and adnexa
Disorders of ocular muscles, binocular movement, accommodation and refraction
Disorders of refraction and accommodation
2017/18 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code H52.4
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code
- H52.4 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM H52.4 became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of H52.4 - other international versions of ICD-10 H52.4 may differ.
The following code(s) above H52.4
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to H52.4
- Accommodation insufficiency
- Accommodative insufficiency
- Presbyopia (age related vision difficulty)
ICD-10-CM H52.4 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v35.0):
- The normal decreasing elasticity of the crystalline lens that leads to loss of accommodation.
- 124 Other disorders of the eye with mcc
- 125 Other disorders of the eye without mcc
Convert H52.4 to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To H52.4
Anisometropia and aniseikonia
Disorders of accommodation
Internal ophthalmoplegia (complete) (total)
Paresis of accommodation
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.