Diseases of the eye and adnexa
Visual disturbances and blindness
Blindness and low vision
2017/18 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code H54.7
Unspecified visual loss
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code
- H54.7 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM H54.7 became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of H54.7 - other international versions of ICD-10 H54.7 may differ.
- Visual impairment category 9 NOS
The following code(s) above H54.7
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to H54.7
- Abnormal vision
- Cortical visual impairment
- Functional visual loss
- History of vision problem
- Personal condition of sight problem
- Visual impairment
ICD-10-CM H54.7 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v35.0):
- Limitation in visual functions.
- Reduced ability to perceive visual stimuli.
- Vision considered to be inferior to normal vision as represented by accepted standards of acuity, field of vision, or motility. Low vision generally refers to visual disorders that are caused by diseases that cannot be corrected by refraction (e.g., macular degeneration; retinitis pigmentosa; diabetic retinopathy, etc.).
- Visual loss: objective loss of visual acuity during a finite period attributable to an underlying disease.
- 124 Other disorders of the eye with mcc
- 125 Other disorders of the eye without mcc
Convert H54.7 to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
Code annotations containing back-references to H54.7:
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To H54.7
Low vision right eye category 1, normal vision left eye
Low vision right eye category 2, normal vision left eye
Low vision, left eye, normal vision right eye
Low vision, left eye, category 1-2
Low vision left eye category 1, normal vision right eye
Low vision left eye category 2, normal vision right eye
Unqualified visual loss, one eye
Unqualified visual loss, right eye, normal vision left eye
Unqualified visual loss, left eye, normal vision right eye
Unspecified visual loss
Legal blindness, as defined in USA
Nystagmus and other irregular eye movements
Visual deprivation nystagmus
Other forms of nystagmus
Other irregular eye movements
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.