Diseases of the ear and mastoid process
Diseases of inner ear
Disorders of vestibular function H81- >
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as H81. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- A disorder characterized by dizziness, imbalance, nausea, and vision problems.
- Pathological processes of the vestibular labyrinth which contains part of the balancing apparatus. Patients with vestibular diseases show instability and are at risk of frequent falls.
- H81 Disorders of vestibular function
- H81.0 Ménière's disease
- H81.1 Benign paroxysmal vertigo
- H81.2 Vestibular neuronitis
- H81.3 Other peripheral vertigo
- H81.4 Vertigo of central origin
- H81.8 Other disorders of vestibular function
- H81.8X Other disorders of vestibular function
- H81.9 Unspecified disorder of vestibular function