Diseases of the circulatory system
Diseases of veins, lymphatic vessels and lymph nodes, not elsewhere classified
2018 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code I85.0
2016 2017 2018 Non-Billable/Non-Specific Code
- I85.0 should not be used for reimbursement purposes as there are multiple codes below it that contain a greater level of detail.
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM I85.0 became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of I85.0 - other international versions of ICD-10 I85.0 may differ.
- Idiopathic esophageal varices
- Primary esophageal varices
The following code(s) above I85.0
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to I85.0
- A disorder characterized by bleeding from esophageal varices.
- Abnormally dilated vein(s) of the esophagus.
- Bleeding from esophageal varices.
- Longitudinal venous varices at the lower end of the esophagus as a result of portal hypertension; they are superficial and liable to ulceration and massive bleeding.
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To I85.0
Varicose veins of right lower extremity with other complications
Varicose veins of left lower extremity with other complications
Varicose veins of bilateral lower extremities with other complications
Varicose veins of unspecified lower extremity with other complications
Asymptomatic varicose veins of lower extremities
Asymptomatic varicose veins of unspecified lower extremity
Asymptomatic varicose veins of right lower extremity
Asymptomatic varicose veins of left lower extremity
Asymptomatic varicose veins of bilateral lower extremities
Secondary esophageal varices
Varicose veins of other sites
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.