Other acute lower respiratory infections
Other acute lower respiratory infections J20-J22 >
Type 2 Excludes
Type 2 Excludes Help
A type 2 excludes note represents "not included here". A type 2 excludes note indicates that the condition excluded is not part of the condition it is excluded from but a patient may have both conditions at the same time. When a type 2 excludes note appears under a code it is acceptable to use both the code (J20-J22) and the excluded code together.
J20 Acute bronchitis
J21 Acute bronchiolitis
J22 Unspecified acute lower respiratory infection
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Codes J20-*
- J20 Acute bronchitis
- J20.0 Acute bronchitis due to Mycoplasma pneumoniae...
- J20.1 Acute bronchitis due to Hemophilus influenzae...
- J20.2 Acute bronchitis due to streptococcus
- J20.3 Acute bronchitis due to coxsackievirus
- J20.4 Acute bronchitis due to parainfluenza virus
- J20.5 Acute bronchitis due to respiratory syncytial...
- J20.6 Acute bronchitis due to rhinovirus
- J20.7 Acute bronchitis due to echovirus
- J20.8 Acute bronchitis due to other specified organ...
- J20.9 Acute bronchitis, unspecified
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Codes J21-*
- J21 Acute bronchiolitis
- J21.0 Acute bronchiolitis due to respiratory syncyt...
- J21.1 Acute bronchiolitis due to human metapneumovi...
- J21.8 Acute bronchiolitis due to other specified or...
- J21.9 Acute bronchiolitis, unspecified
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Codes J22-*
- J22 Unspecified acute lower respiratory infection...
ICD-10-CM Range J00-J99
Diseases of the respiratory system
- J00-J06 Acute upper respiratory infections
- J09-J18 Influenza and pneumonia
- J20-J22 Other acute lower respiratory infections
- J30-J39 Other diseases of upper respiratory trac...
- J40-J47 Chronic lower respiratory diseases
- J60-J70 Lung diseases due to external agents
- J80-J84 Other respiratory diseases principally a...
- J85-J86 Suppurative and necrotic conditions of t...
- J90-J94 Other diseases of the pleura
- J95-J95 Intraoperative and postprocedural compli...
- J96-J99 Other diseases of the respiratory system
ICD-10-CM Range J09-J18
Influenza and pneumonia
Type 2 Excludes
- allergic or eosinophilic pneumonia (J82)
- aspiration pneumonia NOS (J69.0)
- meconium pneumonia (P24.01)
- neonatal aspiration pneumonia (P24.-)
- pneumonia due to solids and liquids (J69.-)
- congenital pneumonia (P23.9)
- lipid pneumonia (J69.1)
- rheumatic pneumonia (I00)
- ventilator associated pneumonia (J95.851)
- J09 Influenza due to certain identified infl...
- J10 Influenza due to other identified influe...
- J11 Influenza due to unidentified influenza ...
- J12 Viral pneumonia, not elsewhere classifie...
- J13 Pneumonia due to Streptococcus pneumonia...
- J14 Pneumonia due to Hemophilus influenzae
- J15 Bacterial pneumonia, not elsewhere class...
- J16 Pneumonia due to other infectious organi...
- J17 Pneumonia in diseases classified elsewhe...
- J18 Pneumonia, unspecified organism
ICD-10-CM Range J30-J39
Other diseases of upper respiratory tract
- J30 Vasomotor and allergic rhinitis
- J31 Chronic rhinitis, nasopharyngitis and ph...
- J32 Chronic sinusitis
- J33 Nasal polyp
- J34 Other and unspecified disorders of nose ...
- J35 Chronic diseases of tonsils and adenoids
- J36 Peritonsillar abscess
- J37 Chronic laryngitis and laryngotracheitis
- J38 Diseases of vocal cords and larynx, not ...
- J39 Other diseases of upper respiratory trac...
ICD-10-CM Range K00-K95
Diseases of the digestive system
- K00-K14 Diseases of oral cavity and salivary gla...
- K20-K31 Diseases of esophagus, stomach and duode...
- K35-K38 Diseases of appendix
- K40-K46 Hernia
- K50-K52 Noninfective enteritis and colitis
- K55-K64 Other diseases of intestines
- K65-K68 Diseases of peritoneum and retroperitone...
- K70-K77 Diseases of liver
- K80-K87 Disorders of gallbladder, biliary tract ...
- K90-K95 Other diseases of the digestive system