Diseases of the respiratory system
Lung diseases due to external agents
Pneumoconiosis due to dust containing silica J62- >
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as J62. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
"Includes" further defines, or give examples of, the content of the code or category.
- silicotic fibrosis (massive) of lung
- A form of pneumoconiosis resulting from inhalation of dust containing crystalline form of silicon dioxide, usually in the form of quartz. Amorphous silica is relatively nontoxic.
- An occupational lung disorder caused by the inhalation of silica dust. It results in the inflammation and scarring of the upper lobes of the lungs. It may be an acute or chronic disorder. In the acute form, patients develop shortness of breath, fever, and cyanosis. In the chronic form patients, develop progressive shortness of breath.
- J62 Pneumoconiosis due to dust containing silica
- J62.0 Pneumoconiosis due to talc dust
- J62.8 Pneumoconiosis due to other dust containing silica