2016 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code K26
2016 Non-Billable/Non-Specific Code
- K26 is not a billable or specific ICD-10-CM diagnosis code as there are 9 codes below K26 that describe this diagnosis in greater detail.
- Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after Oct 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of K26. Other international ICD-10 versions may differ.
- A disorder characterized by a circumscribed, inflammatory and necrotic erosive lesion on the mucosal surface of the duodenal wall.
- A peptic ulcer located in the duodenum.
- An ulcer in the duodenal wall.
- Peptic ulcer located in the duodenum, the shortest and widest portion of the small intestine adjacent to the pylorus of the stomach.
- code to identify:
- alcohol abuse and dependence (F10.-)
Type 1 Excludes
- erosion (acute) of duodenum
- duodenum ulcer (peptic)
- postpyloric ulcer (peptic)