2014 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code K26
- K26 is not a billable ICD-10-CM diagnosis code and cannot be used to indicate a medical diagnosis as there are 9 codes below K26 that describe this diagnosis in greater detail.
- ICD-10-CM codes become active beginning October 1, 2014, therefore, this and all ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes should only be used for training or planning purposes until then.
- A disorder characterized by a circumscribed, inflammatory and necrotic erosive lesion on the mucosal surface of the duodenal wall.
- A peptic ulcer located in the duodenum.
- An ulcer in the duodenal wall.
- Peptic ulcer located in the duodenum, the shortest and widest portion of the small intestine adjacent to the pylorus of the stomach.
- code to identify:
- alcohol abuse and dependence (F10.-)
Type 1 Excludes
- erosion (acute) of duodenum
- duodenum ulcer (peptic)
- postpyloric ulcer (peptic)