Diseases of the skin and subcutaneous tissue
Dermatitis and eczema
Seborrheic dermatitis L21- >
Type 2 Excludes
Type 2 Excludes Help
A type 2 excludes note represents "not included here". A type 2 excludes note indicates that the condition excluded is not part of the condition it is excluded from but a patient may have both conditions at the same time. When a type 2 excludes note appears under a code it is acceptable to use both the code (L21) and the excluded code together.
- A chronic inflammatory disease of the skin with unknown etiology. It is characterized by moderate erythema, dry, moist, or greasy (sebaceous gland) scaling and yellow crusted patches on various areas, especially the scalp, that exfoliate as dandruff. Seborrheic dermatitis is common in children and adolescents with hiv infections.
- A kind of skin disorder affecting the scalp, face, and trunk causing scaly, flaky, itchy, red skin
- L21 Seborrheic dermatitis
- L21.0 Seborrhea capitis
- L21.1 Seborrheic infantile dermatitis
- L21.8 Other seborrheic dermatitis
- L21.9 Seborrheic dermatitis, unspecified