Diseases of the musculoskeletal system and connective tissue
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as M15. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
"Includes" further defines, or give examples of, the content of the code or category.
- arthritis of multiple sites
- M15 Polyosteoarthritis
- M15.0 Primary generalized (osteo)arthritis
- M15.1 Heberden's nodes (with arthropathy)
- M15.2 Bouchard's nodes (with arthropathy)
- M15.3 Secondary multiple arthritis
- M15.4 Erosive (osteo)arthritis
- M15.8 Other polyosteoarthritis
- M15.9 Polyosteoarthritis, unspecified