Diseases of the musculoskeletal system and connective tissue
Other soft tissue disorders
2018 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code M75
2016 2017 2018 Non-Billable/Non-Specific Code
- M75 should not be used for reimbursement purposes as there are multiple codes below it that contain a greater level of detail.
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM M75 became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of M75 - other international versions of ICD-10 M75 may differ.
Type 2 Excludes
Type 2 Excludes Help
A type 2 excludes note represents "not included here". A type 2 excludes note indicates that the condition excluded is not part of the condition it is excluded from but a patient may have both conditions at the same time. When a type 2 excludes note appears under a code it is acceptable to use both the code (M75) and the excluded code together.
The following code(s) above M75
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to M75
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To M75
Palmar fascial fibromatosis [Dupuytren]
Plantar fascial fibromatosis
Other fibroblastic disorders
Fibroblastic disorder, unspecified
Adhesive capsulitis of shoulder
Adhesive capsulitis of unspecified shoulder
Adhesive capsulitis of right shoulder
Adhesive capsulitis of left shoulder
Rotator cuff tear or rupture, not specified as traumatic
Unspecified rotator cuff tear or rupture, not specified as traumatic
Unspecified rotator cuff tear or rupture of unspecified shoulder, not specified as traumatic
Unspecified rotator cuff tear or rupture of right shoulder, not specified as traumatic
Unspecified rotator cuff tear or rupture of left shoulder, not specified as traumatic
Incomplete rotator cuff tear or rupture not specified as traumatic
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.