Diseases of the genitourinary system
Inflammatory diseases of female pelvic organs
Other inflammation of vagina and vulva N76- >
Use Additional Help
Certain conditions have both an underlying etiology and multiple body system manifestations due to the underlying etiology. For such conditions the ICD-10-CM has a coding convention that requires the underlying condition be sequenced first followed by the manifestation. Wherever such a combination exists there is a "use additional code" note at the etiology code, and a "code first" note at the manifestation code. These instructional notes indicate the proper sequencing order of the codes, etiology followed by manifestation. In most cases the manifestation codes will have in the code title, "in diseases classified elsewhere." Codes with this title are a component of the etiology/manifestation convention. The code title indicates that it is a manifestation code. "In diseases classified elsewhere" codes are never permitted to be used as first listed or principle diagnosis codes. They must be used in conjunction with an underlying condition code and they must be listed following the underlying condition.
- code (B95-B97
ICD-10-CM Range B95-B97
), to identify infectious agent
Bacterial and viral infectious agents
- These categories are provided for use as supplementary or additional codes to identify the infectious agent(s) in diseases classified elsewhere.
- B95 Streptococcus, Staphylococcus, and Enter...
- B96 Other bacterial agents as the cause of d...
- B97 Viral agents as the cause of diseases cl...
Type 2 Excludes
Type 2 Excludes Help
A type 2 excludes note represents "not included here". A type 2 excludes note indicates that the condition excluded is not part of the condition it is excluded from but a patient may have both conditions at the same time. When a type 2 excludes note appears under a code it is acceptable to use both the code (N76) and the excluded code together.
- N76 Other inflammation of vagina and vulva
- N76.0 Acute vaginitis
- N76.1 Subacute and chronic vaginitis
- N76.2 Acute vulvitis
- N76.3 Subacute and chronic vulvitis
- N76.4 Abscess of vulva
- N76.5 Ulceration of vagina
- N76.6 Ulceration of vulva
- N76.8 Other specified inflammation of vagina and vulva
- N76.81 Mucositis (ulcerative) of vagina and vulva
- N76.89 Other specified inflammation of vagina and vulva