Diseases of the genitourinary system
Noninflammatory disorders of female genital tract
Female infertility N97- >
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as N97. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
Type 2 Excludes
Type 2 Excludes Help
A type 2 excludes note represents "not included here". A type 2 excludes note indicates that the condition excluded is not part of the condition it is excluded from but a patient may have both conditions at the same time. When a type 2 excludes note appears under a code it is acceptable to use both the code (N97) and the excluded code together.
"Includes" further defines, or give examples of, the content of the code or category.
- inability to achieve a pregnancy
- sterility, female NOS
- Diminished or absent ability of a female to achieve conception.
- Infertility is a term doctors use if a woman hasn't been able to get pregnant after at least one year of trying. If a woman keeps having miscarriages, it is also called infertility. Female infertility can result from physical problems, hormone problems, and lifestyle or environmental factors.most cases of infertility in women result from problems with producing eggs. One problem is premature ovarian failure, in which the ovaries stop functioning before natural menopause. In another, polycystic ovary syndrome (pcos), the ovaries may not release an egg regularly or may not release a healthy egg.about a third of the time, infertility is because of a problem with the woman. One third of the time, it is a problem with the man. Sometimes no cause can be found.if you suspect you are infertile, see your doctor. There are tests that may tell if you have fertility problems. When it is possible to find the cause, treatments may include medicines, surgery, or assisted reproductive technologies. Happily, two-thirds of couples treated for infertility are able to have babies. dept. Of health and human services office on women's health
- N97 Female infertility
- N97.0 Female infertility associated with anovulation
- N97.1 Female infertility of tubal origin
- N97.2 Female infertility of uterine origin
- N97.8 Female infertility of other origin
- N97.9 Female infertility, unspecified