Pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium
Other maternal disorders predominantly related to pregnancy
Maternal care for other conditions predominantly related to pregnancy
2018 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code O26.852
Spotting complicating pregnancy, second trimester
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code Maternity Dx (12-55 years) Female Dx 2nd Trimester (14-28 weeks)
- O26.852 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM O26.852 became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of O26.852 - other international versions of ICD-10 O26.852 may differ.
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- O26.852 is applicable to maternity patients aged 12 - 55 years inclusive.
- O26.852 is applicable to female patients.
- O26.852 is applicable to mothers in the second trimester of pregnancy, which is defined as between equal to or greater than 14 weeks to less than 28 weeks since the first day of the last menstrual period.
ICD-10-CM O26.852 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v35.0):
The following code(s) above O26.852
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to O26.852
- 781 Other antepartum diagnoses with medical complications
- 782 Other antepartum diagnoses without medical complications
Convert O26.852 to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To O26.852
Uterine size-date discrepancy complicating pregnancy
Uterine size-date discrepancy, first trimester
Uterine size-date discrepancy, second trimester
Uterine size-date discrepancy, third trimester
Uterine size-date discrepancy, unspecified trimester
Spotting complicating pregnancy
…… second trimester
Pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy (PUPPP)
Other specified pregnancy related conditions
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.