Pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium
Other maternal disorders predominantly related to pregnancy
Maternal care for other conditions predominantly related to pregnancy
2018 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code O26.891
Other specified pregnancy related conditions, first trimester
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code Maternity Dx (12-55 years) Female Dx 1st Trimester (< 14 weeks)
- O26.891 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Oth pregnancy related conditions, first trimester
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM O26.891 became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of O26.891 - other international versions of ICD-10 O26.891 may differ.
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- O26.891 is applicable to maternity patients aged 12 - 55 years inclusive.
- O26.891 is applicable to female patients.
- O26.891 is applicable to mothers in the first trimester of pregnancy, which is defined as less than 14 weeks since the first day of the last menstrual period.
ICD-10-CM O26.891 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v35.0):
The following code(s) above O26.891
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to O26.891
- 781 Other antepartum diagnoses with medical complications
Convert O26.891 to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To O26.891
Pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy (PUPPP)
Other specified pregnancy related conditions
…… first trimester
Pregnancy related conditions, unspecified
…… unspecified trimester
Abnormal findings on antenatal screening of mother
Abnormal hematological finding on antenatal screening of mother
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.