Pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium
Maternal care related to the fetus and amniotic cavity and possible delivery problems
2018 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code O30.202
Quadruplet pregnancy, unspecified number of placenta and unspecified number of amniotic sacs, second trimester
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code Maternity Dx (12-55 years) Female Dx 2nd Trimester (14-28 weeks)
- O30.202 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Quad preg, unsp num plcnta & amnio sacs, second trimester
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM O30.202 became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of O30.202 - other international versions of ICD-10 O30.202 may differ.
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- O30.202 is applicable to maternity patients aged 12 - 55 years inclusive.
- O30.202 is applicable to female patients.
- O30.202 is applicable to mothers in the second trimester of pregnancy, which is defined as between equal to or greater than 14 weeks to less than 28 weeks since the first day of the last menstrual period.
ICD-10-CM O30.202 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v35.0):
The following code(s) above O30.202
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to O30.202
- 781 Other antepartum diagnoses with medical complications
- 782 Other antepartum diagnoses without medical complications
Convert O30.202 to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To O30.202
Triplet pregnancy, unable to determine number of placenta and number of amniotic sacs
Quadruplet pregnancy, unspecified number of placenta and unspecified number of amniotic sacs
…… second trimester
Quadruplet pregnancy with two or more monochorionic fetuses
Quadruplet pregnancy with two or more monoamniotic fetuses
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.