Pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium
Maternal care related to the fetus and amniotic cavity and possible delivery problems
Polyhydramnios O40- >
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as O40. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
"Includes" further defines, or give examples of, the content of the code or category.
- A condition of abnormally high amniotic fluid volume, such as greater than 2,000 ml in the last trimester and usually diagnosed by ultrasonographic criteria (amniotic fluid index). It is associated with maternal diabetes mellitus; multiple pregnancy; chromosomal disorders; and congenital abnormalities.
- An excess quantity of amniotic fluid in the amniotic sac as compared to normal values.
- O40 Polyhydramnios
- O40.1 Polyhydramnios, first trimester
- O40.2 Polyhydramnios, second trimester
- O40.3 Polyhydramnios, third trimester
- O40.9 Polyhydramnios, unspecified trimester