Pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium
Maternal care related to the fetus and amniotic cavity and possible delivery problems
Other disorders of amniotic fluid and membranes
2018 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code O41.93X9
Disorder of amniotic fluid and membranes, unspecified, third trimester, other fetus
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code Maternity Dx (12-55 years) Female Dx 3rd Trimester (28+ weeks)
- O41.93X9 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Disorder of amniotic fluid and membrns, unsp, third tri, oth
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM O41.93X9 became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of O41.93X9 - other international versions of ICD-10 O41.93X9 may differ.
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- O41.93X9 is applicable to maternity patients aged 12 - 55 years inclusive.
- O41.93X9 is applicable to female patients.
- O41.93X9 is applicable to mothers in the third trimester of pregnancy, which is defined as between equal to or greater than 28 weeks since the first day of the last menstrual period.
ICD-10-CM O41.93X9 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v35.0):
The following code(s) above O41.93X9
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to O41.93X9
- 781 Other antepartum diagnoses with medical complications
- 782 Other antepartum diagnoses without medical complications
Convert O41.93X9 to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To O41.93X9
Disorder of amniotic fluid and membranes, unspecified, third trimester
…… not applicable or unspecified
…… other fetus
Premature rupture of membranes
Premature rupture of membranes, onset of labor within 24 hours of rupture
…… unspecified weeks of gestation
Preterm premature rupture of membranes, onset of labor within 24 hours of rupture
Full-term premature rupture of membranes, onset of labor within 24 hours of rupture
Premature rupture of membranes, onset of labor more than 24 hours following rupture
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.