Pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium
Maternal care related to the fetus and amniotic cavity and possible delivery problems
2017/18 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code O43.113
Circumvallate placenta, third trimester
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code Maternity Dx (12-55 years) Female Dx 3rd Trimester (28+ weeks)
- O43.113 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM O43.113 became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of O43.113 - other international versions of ICD-10 O43.113 may differ.
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- O43.113 is applicable to maternity patients aged 12 - 55 years inclusive.
- O43.113 is applicable to female patients.
- O43.113 is applicable to mothers in the third trimester of pregnancy, which is defined as between equal to or greater than 28 weeks since the first day of the last menstrual period.
ICD-10-CM O43.113 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v35.0):
The following code(s) above O43.113
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to O43.113
- 781 Other antepartum diagnoses with medical complications
- 782 Other antepartum diagnoses without medical complications
Convert O43.113 to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To O43.113
Malformation of placenta
Malformation of placenta, unspecified
…… third trimester
Velamentous insertion of umbilical cord
Other malformation of placenta
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.