Pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium
Maternal care related to the fetus and amniotic cavity and possible delivery problems
Premature separation of placenta [abruptio placentae]
2017/18 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code O45.019
Premature separation of placenta with afibrinogenemia, unspecified trimester
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code Maternity Dx (12-55 years) Female Dx
- O45.019 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Prem separtn of placenta w afibrinogenemia, unsp trimester
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM O45.019 became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of O45.019 - other international versions of ICD-10 O45.019 may differ.
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- O45.019 is applicable to maternity patients aged 12 - 55 years inclusive.
- O45.019 is applicable to female patients.
The following code(s) above O45.019
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to O45.019
ICD-10-CM O45.019 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v35.0):
- Placental abruption with afibrinogenemia
- 774 Vaginal delivery with complicating diagnoses
- 781 Other antepartum diagnoses with medical complications
Convert O45.019 to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To O45.019
Premature separation of placenta with coagulation defect
Premature separation of placenta with coagulation defect, unspecified
Premature separation of placenta with afibrinogenemia
…… unspecified trimester
Premature separation of placenta with disseminated intravascular coagulation
Premature separation of placenta with other coagulation defect
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.