Pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium
Maternal care related to the fetus and amniotic cavity and possible delivery problems
False labor O47- >
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as O47. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
"Includes" further defines, or give examples of, the content of the code or category.
- Braxton Hicks contractions
- threatened labor
- A relatively painless, irregular tightening sensation felt by the pregnant mother over the abdomen after the 28th week of pregnancy, that lasts about a minute each time
- O47 False labor
- O47.0 False labor before 37 completed weeks of gestation
- O47.1 False labor at or after 37 completed weeks of gestation
- O47.9 False labor, unspecified