Pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium
Complications of labor and delivery
Obstructed labor due to malposition and malpresentation of fetus
2017/18 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code O64.9XX4
Obstructed labor due to malposition and malpresentation, unspecified, fetus 4
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code Maternity Dx (12-55 years) Female Dx
- O64.9XX4 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Obstructed labor due to malpos and malpresent, unsp, fetus 4
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM O64.9XX4 became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of O64.9XX4 - other international versions of ICD-10 O64.9XX4 may differ.
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- O64.9XX4 is applicable to maternity patients aged 12 - 55 years inclusive.
- O64.9XX4 is applicable to female patients.
ICD-10-CM O64.9XX4 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v35.0):
The following code(s) above O64.9XX4
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to O64.9XX4
- 767 Vaginal delivery with sterilization and/or d&c
- 768 Vaginal delivery with o.r. Procedure except sterilization and/or d&c
- 774 Vaginal delivery with complicating diagnoses
- 775 Vaginal delivery without complicating diagnoses
Convert O64.9XX4 to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To O64.9XX4
Obstructed labor due to malposition and malpresentation, unspecified
…… not applicable or unspecified
…… fetus 4
Obstructed labor due to maternal pelvic abnormality
Obstructed labor due to deformed pelvis
Obstructed labor due to generally contracted pelvis
Obstructed labor due to pelvic inlet contraction
Obstructed labor due to pelvic outlet and mid-cavity contraction
Obstructed labor due to fetopelvic disproportion, unspecified
Obstructed labor due to abnormality of maternal pelvic organs
Obstructed labor due to other maternal pelvic abnormalities
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.