Pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium
Complications of labor and delivery
Perineal laceration during delivery O70- >
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as O70. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
"Includes" further defines, or give examples of, the content of the code or category.
- episiotomy extended by laceration
- O70 Perineal laceration during delivery
- O70.0 First degree perineal laceration during delivery
- O70.1 Second degree perineal laceration during delivery
- O70.2 Third degree perineal laceration during delivery
- O70.3 Fourth degree perineal laceration during delivery
- O70.4 Anal sphincter tear complicating delivery, not associated with third degree laceration
- O70.9 Perineal laceration during delivery, unspecified