Congenital malformations, deformations and chromosomal abnormalities
Congenital malformations of the circulatory system
Congenital malformations of cardiac septa Q21- >
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as Q21. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- A congenital disorder characterized by the presence of an abnormal communication between the atria or the ventricles of the heart due to defects in the cardiac septum.
- Abnormalities in any part of the heart septum resulting in abnormal communication between the left and the right chambers of the heart. The abnormal blood flow inside the heart may be caused by defects in the atrial septum, the ventricular septum, or both.
- Defects in the cardiac septa, resulting in abnormal communications between the opposite chambers of the heart that exist at, and usually before, birth regardless of their causation.
- Q21 Congenital malformations of cardiac septa
- Q21.0 Ventricular septal defect
- Q21.1 Atrial septal defect
- Q21.2 Atrioventricular septal defect
- Q21.3 Tetralogy of Fallot
- Q21.4 Aortopulmonary septal defect
- Q21.8 Other congenital malformations of cardiac septa
- Q21.9 Congenital malformation of cardiac septum, unspecified