Congenital malformations, deformations and chromosomal abnormalities
Congenital malformations and deformations of the musculoskeletal system
2018 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code Q78
2016 2017 2018 Non-Billable/Non-Specific Code
- Q78 should not be used for reimbursement purposes as there are multiple codes below it that contain a greater level of detail.
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM Q78 became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of Q78 - other international versions of ICD-10 Q78 may differ.
Type 2 Excludes
Type 2 Excludes Help
A type 2 excludes note represents "not included here". A type 2 excludes note indicates that the condition excluded is not part of the condition it is excluded from but a patient may have both conditions at the same time. When a type 2 excludes note appears under a code it is acceptable to use both the code (Q78) and the excluded code together.
The following code(s) above Q78
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to Q78
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To Q78
Thanatophoric short stature
Other osteochondrodysplasia with defects of growth of tubular bones and spine
Osteochondrodysplasia with defects of growth of tubular bones and spine, unspecified
Polyostotic fibrous dysplasia
Progressive diaphyseal dysplasia
Multiple congenital exostoses
Other specified osteochondrodysplasias
Congenital malformations of musculoskeletal system, not elsewhere classified
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.