2014 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code R18
- R18 is not a billable ICD-10-CM diagnosis code and cannot be used to indicate a medical diagnosis.
- There are 2 codes below R18 that describe this diagnosis in greater detail.
- ICD-10-CM codes become active beginning October 1, 2014, therefore, this and all ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes should only be used for training or planning purposes until then.
- (ah-sye-teez) abnormal buildup of fluid in the abdomen.
- A disorder characterized by accumulation of serous or hemorrhagic fluid in the peritoneal cavity.
- Abnormal buildup of fluid in the abdomen that may cause swelling. In late-stage cancer, tumor cells may be found in the fluid in the abdomen. Ascites also occurs in patients with liver disease.
- Accumulation of fluid in the peritoneal cavity. The fluid may be serous, hemorrhagic, or the result of tumor metastasis to the peritoneum.
- Accumulation or retention of free fluid within the peritoneal cavity.
- An abnormal accumulation of serous fluid in the abdominal cavity
- Effusion and accumulation of serous fluid in the abdominal cavity.
- fluid in peritoneal cavity