Symptoms, signs and abnormal clinical and laboratory findings, not elsewhere classified
Symptoms and signs involving the genitourinary system
2017/18 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code R35.1
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code
- R35.1 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM R35.1 became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of R35.1 - other international versions of ICD-10 R35.1 may differ.
The following code(s) above R35.1
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to R35.1
- Benign prostatic hypertrophy (enlarged prostate)
- Nocturia (awakening at night to urinate)
- Nocturia - finding
- Nocturia associated with benign prostatic hypertrophy
- Nocturia due to benign prostatic hypertrophy
ICD-10-CM R35.1 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v35.0):
- Frequent episodes of urination during the night.
- Frequent urination at night that interrupts sleep. It is often associated with outflow obstruction, diabetes mellitus, or bladder inflammation (cystitis).
- 695 Kidney and urinary tract signs and symptoms with mcc
- 696 Kidney and urinary tract signs and symptoms without mcc
Convert R35.1 to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
Code annotations containing back-references to R35.1:
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To R35.1
Other microscopic hematuria
Unspecified urinary incontinence
Drug induced retention of urine
Other retention of urine
Retention of urine, unspecified
Frequency of micturition
Urethral discharge without blood
Urethral discharge, unspecified
Sexual dysfunction, unspecified
Other and unspecified symptoms and signs involving the genitourinary system
Extravasation of urine
Other difficulties with micturition
Hesitancy of micturition
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.